Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Thursday ..ugh!!

Almost to the end of another week.

I'm still not "blog" savvy so I will journal to myself and maybe someday it will be seen by millions in cyberspace.

I must talk about my Wii. I was one of the original pioneers who waited in line nearly two years ago for them to roll out. Not only did I hold WalMart hostage till I got one, I additionally had to purchase a second one that I had ordered. I subsequently sold the second nearly doubling my money. I am not a greedy bastard. It was just capitalism and craigslist at work.

Back to my Wii. I am sooooooooo addicted. It is the best purchase I could have ever made. I waited patiently until Mario Kart was released this past Spring. Ever since then my house has been a buzz with Super Mushrooms, Blue Shells raining down and my triumphant screams of joy or defeat. And the best is the WiFi connector. So now I can either play with my oldest friend down East or play one of the hot shots from Hong Kong. And Mario Kart isn't the only good thing. I love the bowling (Wii Sports or AMF) and the tennis - even though I retired after a year from tennis: self-diagnosed with a severe condition known as wii-itis. Point is: if you dont have one - get a wii as soon as you can. I grew upa baptised in the fire of pong, atari, intellivision, commodore 64, colecovision, etc - you will never be disappointed! And since I'm on the subject - AVOID the XBox 360. My friend T is on his 6th console. God Bless Bill Gates and his "red ring of death".

Looking to do some fun stuff this weekend. I just don't know. I'll probably strike out to P Park with flip video in hand. ANOTHER COOL GADGET - FLIP ULTRA! I saw where one of my fav haunts - Mayfel's - has been vandalized recently. Time to show em some love and enjoy a nice cool beverage or two!

I might even go see "The Dark Knight" again! It was fudge monkey fantastic!The best: Ledger as the most brilliant psychotic villain I have ever seen on film and the worst: the BatVoice.

Enough bitchin - my day awaits....

1 comment:

Gordon Smith said...

Hiya Will,

I'm making the rounds just in case you didn't get an email invitation. Our email database is spotty at best.

The Extravablogiversapaloozathon 2008 is September 27th, and we're hoping every area blogger will come!

Party Info here.

BlogAsheville awards nomination thread here.

RSVP thread here.