Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

rain, vodka & obama

Sorry - been away for a while. The holidays were the usual mix of long lost friends, lots of good food and drink and the random spackle of unexpectedness. I also turned 40. I should hope that somewhere in my near future I can join a drum circle in downtown and celebrate it properly.
It is raining today and if I believe the powers that be - a ton of rain is on the way.I can rememeber when a was a youngling when it would .. shh...snow. Does anyone remember the big beautiful flakes that used to fall from the sky and make everything good again? Alas - as stewards of the planet - we have bit the big one and irrevocably harmed our planet. Move north of A-ville if you want to see the good stuff again.
Perused a few blogs today. There are some really talented and twisted people here! Makes me smile. I especially would like to give a shout out to skippy haha for the perfect breakfast recipe = clamato + vodka + worcestershire = bloody clam. Can't wait to try it!
Two weeks till Inaguration Day!I'm taking the day off. It will truly be historical. Of course, if the tourism industry doesn't rise up out of the crapper, I might already be on a forced vacation.
Anybody here bout Jeb Bush exploring the road to the White House in 2012?

No comments: